The project included a 1,200 sf addition to and complete remodel of an existing 2800 sf residence designed by Edwin J. Ivey and Elizabeth Ayer in 1939. The family of four was outgrowing the existing house but did not want to move because the house had been in the family for multiple generations. The challenge was to add substantial new square footage while maintaining the historic character and scale of the house.
The main level of the addition includes a two car garage, large kitchen and dining room with an expansive view of Elliott Bay. The second floor of the addition includes a 600 sf master suite.